SACOMAR Agency, founded in 1996, is specialized in yachting industry and as registered Yacht & Ship Agents, can offer all kinds of services and facilities such as assistance to Mega Yacht captains and their guests during their vacation in Portoferraio harbour and in the waters of the island of Elba.
Because of the significant increase of yachting over the last years, SACOMAR has had the privilege to serve the most important Mega Yachts operating in the Mediterranean during their cruises.
The relation with this type of yachts requires a high grade of professionalism, efficiency and discretion. The owners of the Agency take care personally of the relations with captains and/or ship-owners during their stay on the island of Elba. They offer services which require a 24 hour presence and availability, both assisting the captain in his ordinary nautical operations and satisfying the various requests coming from the guests of the yachts.
The Portoferraio Harbour(Darsena Medicea)
For larger units are available the quays of the commercial harbour, just beside the touristic harbour normally reserved for cruise ships with a length up to 200 meters and a draft of 8 meters. The quays are equipped with supply of electricity and water, assistance during mooring.
Pilot on Board is compulsory for boats over 500 GT. Mooring assistance is compulsory for boats over 500 GT
Rules and Regulation
Important rules regulating the access of the harbour:
- Pleasure crafts must not hinder or obstruct manoeuvres or routes of ships entering and leaving the port as they always have precedence
- In the access canal situated in the W part of the gulf and shown on nautical maps, vessels leaving the port must keep lo the left.
- Prohibition of anchorage must be observed in the port area (W of the adjoining "Martello" Tower - The "Grotte" Point) anchorage is prohibited everywhere except in an area to the S.
- Arriving from W. to avoid the shallows of "Capo Blanco" about 1 mile WNN from the lighthouse, go N of the cardinal light buoy positioned there
- The area of sea between the Stella Fort Lighthouse Point - the "Scoglietto" and "Capo Bianco" Point is a biologically protected area. Prohibition of fishing must be observed.